The camera adapter is the part that mounts the camera to the microscope. All of our cameras use a standard, 1" c-mount thread and c-mount adapters are specific to the make and model of microscope. We are able to supply the adapter that best suits the camera based upon the make and model of microscope, maximising field of view, camera sensor size and application.
De-magnifying adapters use optics and are therefore more expensive. If camera field of view is not important to your work then a 1x c-mount is the cheapest option.
- A camera with 1" sensor works best with a 1x c-mount.
- A camera with 1/2" or 1/1.8" sensor works best with a 0.5x c-mount.
- A camera with 1/3" or 1/2.8" sensor works best with a 0.35x c-mount.
By way of example:
- Image 1 shows the circular field of view you see down the eyepieces of a microscope.
- Image 2 (black outline) is the view on the screen when using a camera with a 1" sensor and 1x c-mount or a cameras with a 1/2" sensor and 0.5x c-mount. This is optimal.
- Image 2 (red outline) is the view on the screen when using a camera with a 1/2" sensor and 1x c-mount.
Please visit our online shop for more information and to purchase.